Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Music & Women

I'm sitting at home listening to some music and really really listening to the words and unfortunately I have lots to say.
First of all the song "She Got Her Own"...talk about a direct message to the women out there, I think it's more reverse psychology but hello ladies these men are trying to make us feel as if they are empowering our independence when all they are saying is "Hey Ladies if you got your own then I don't have to provide for you". I remember when I was a kid and my mom used to tell her daughters that we should be independent so that we don't have to rely on a man to take care of us...Well the reason she was giving us this advice was to protect ourselves, it was because men may provide for his family today but if he decides to walk away he takes his money with him. Women back in the day relied so much on men that when the men walked away the women had nothing of their own!! Somewhere along the lines this message has been misconstrued and somehow now men feel like if women have their own then they do not have to take care of their responsibilities. The worse part about this is women still give men what they want and now they don't even have to work for it! The women today without realizing it have abolished the dating/courting process. Men feel like they are entitled to our bodies after a couple of dates and we all know we shouldn't be giving anything away for free and that's where I will talk about "Blame It"...they want us to give it away for free or with no conscience and then they basically say "hey don't feel bad about it just blame it on the alcohol". HELLLOOOO....Ladies reclaim it, it's called the Power of the P*ssy...and we have POWER!!! How about the song "Heartless"...ugh there is one stupid line that explains the whole song..."Hey yo, I did some things but that's the old me"...WTF??? Hello that's why she's heartless! Let's not play a song about how women can be so cold when they learned the game that the men have been playing for centuries!!
Anyway I have a lot more to say but then my dinner is going to burn, til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment