Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today I woke up and felt emotionally drained. I really couldn't explain to myself why I was feeling the way I felt. My first thought was to just lay in bed, feel sad, maybe take a sleeping pill or two so that I could just sleep my sadness away like most people tend to do but after a few moments of thinking that way I immediately changed my mind. I'm just not one to run from myself maybe others but not from myself...only cause it's kinda hard to detach my mind from my body. I've come to the conclusion that I like to nip my emotions in the butt. I like to figure out why I feel the way I feel, what triggers some of my emotions, and what I can do for myself that would make ME happy cause at the end of the day, month, year, or life I want to feel at ease with myself knowing I did what I could to the best of my knowledgeable abilities. I took a book and blanket to Flushing Meadow Park, when I got there I observed people and then completely shut them out and came into my own world and started my short afternoon journey with myself. I was able to sort through my thoughts and basically came up with some conclusions that I think will help me.

In the process I came across a few quotes today and thought I'd share them with you:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of good deeds could have done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." Teddy Roosevelt

"We all know that knowledge is power. So it's only logical that self-knowledge is self-power. The more we know about ourselves, the more effective people we'll be and the more comfortable we'll be in our own skin. Understanding what motivates us, what repels us, what we yearn for, what we need to avoid, and why we think and feel the way we do can make all the difference in the world in our physical and emotional health." Sylvia Browne

"I cannot give you the formula for success but I can give you the formula for failure, which is trying to please everybody. The Inspiration Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment